What Is Lumbar Back Pain?
Lumbar sciatica is another way to describe sciatica. There are many reasons why a person might experience sciatica. In some cases, pain is actually a sign of muscle strain. It can also be a sign that you've sprained a ligament. Some other common causes of lumbar pain include:
- Poor posture.
- Improperly lifting objects.
- Not stretching before exercise.
- Sleeping at an "odd angle."
- A sedentary lifestyle.
- Repeatedly "hunching forward" while sitting at a work desk.
- Wearing heavy bags and purses.
How Do You Treat Low Back Pain?
Early intervention is the best strategy when you have pain. Allowing the back to continue to be strained can make the condition worse. The good news is that most forms of pain can be resolved at home if you're willing to put in the time to give your lumbar region the attention it deserves. Here are some general ways that you can self-treating lumbar pain at home.
- Heat and ice the area.
- Correct your posture.
- Avoid doing any deep bending or lifting that can injure the same area repeatedly.
- Stretch daily.
- Stay active enough to avoid allowing the surrounding muscles to become weak. This can make your pain worse!
- Avoid sitting on hard, unsupportive surfaces for long periods.
What Are the Benefits Of Using A Lumbar Support Cushion?
Modern desk chairs are not made for lumbar support. Even chairs that claim to be "ergonomic" often lack any sort of personalized support that can genuinely help to rehabilitate a back that's already been injured. Even comfortable sofas, lounge chairs, and recliners don't necessarily offer lumbar support even though they are inviting. Here's a look at the benefits of using a lumbar support cushion:
- Muscle Relaxation: Lumbar support cushions help to absorb some of the tension that is "trapped" in our muscles. When a lumbar cushion is placed behind your back, you'll notice that it supports some of your weight. In addition to providing pain relief, this may also help you improve your posture because you aren't adjusting the way you're sitting to compensate for pain. You may not realize how much tension you are carrying in your back until you see the difference using a cushion makes!
- Spinal Support: Your spine does a lot of work! A lumbar support cushion helps to provide support for your spine. It will mold to the unique shape of your spine to provide customer support.
- Pain Relief: Lumbar support cushions are soothing. If you're in the habit of reaching for pain medication to soothe your back after a long, hard day, consider trying a lumbar cushion instead.
- Improved Posture: Yes, a lumbar cushion can help you improve your posture by providing much-needed support and alignment if you're compensating due to pain.
There's no limit to where you can use a lumbar support cushion. Yes, a lumbar cushion can be essential for your desk setup if you work long hours at a desk. It goes deeper than that. When you choose a compact, attractive support cushion, you will never feel self-conscious about traveling with this essential wellness tool. If your back pain makes you nervous about taking road trips, using a train, or flying because sitting for long periods causes you pain, a good lumbar support cushion can help you to have the freedom to travel without pain again. In addition, many people actually use lumbar support cushions to keep their spines in alignment during sleep.
At Aofit, we specialize in medical-grade lumbar support cushions that provide the support your back needs for a pain-free life. Our support can help to heal your sore, tired muscle tissue by providing the support needed to take the weight off of your spine. Using lumbar support can help you to avoid painful back strain. Of course, you don't have to wait until you're experiencing back pain to enjoy the benefits of lumbar support cushions. Shop our physician-recommended collection today!
Lascia un commento