Knee Brace For Running
Both knee sleeves and knee braces provide the same purpose: to provide knee support and protection. However, knee sleeves and braces are designed differently. Also, the materials used for both vary. Hence, some people wear knee braces, while others prefer wearing knee sleeves for running. Support braces are more durable. Sometimes, they might even contain metals inside to provide protection and support. This is necessary to relieve some pressure from the knees. Reminder, before wearing support braces with metal support, you need to consult your doctor first. But the problem with wearing support braces is that it might limit your movement, which can be hard while running. Also, wearing support braces for a long time might weaken the knee joints. On the other hand, support sleeves are made from soft materials that don't hinder or limit your movement, which is ideal for running. The knee brace for running doesn't provide that much knee and ligament support, which is necessary after knee surgery or injury. But knee sleeves be worn by anyone with a physically active lifestyle.
Benefits of Knee SleevesThe main purpose of support sleeves is to provide support and prevent injuries by compression. Compression is the one that provides motion support without hindering your movement. This is ideal for workouts and physical exercises such as heavy lifting or any activities that put pressure on your knees. Also, compression is good for blood circulation. Here are some of the benefits of wearing support sleeves:
- Knee and joint support
- Pain relief
- Assisting in heavy lifting
- Enhances blood circulation
- Protection against muscular cramps, strains, tears, and sprains
- Improves movement
- Protection from blood clotting
- Tendonitis protection
Functions of Support Sleeve
Support sleeves are designed to prevent any leg or ligament injury and provide support while running or being physically active. However, that is not the only benefit of wearing support sleeves. Support sleeves running can help assist in various minor knee problems such as the following:
- Torn ACL
- Knee surgery
- Meniscus tear
- Chronic muscle strain
- Blood circulation problems in the legs or knee
Activities to Wear Knee Brace for Running
Here are some activities where wearing support sleeves is ideal and will enhance your performance:
- Weight lifting
- CrossFit and other workout routines
- Works where heavy lifting is required, such as stockers and warehouse workers
- Doing physical projects requires lots of lifting and knee bending, such as planting, landscaping, wall painting, etc.
- Chronic pain and swelling relief
Can I Wear A Support Sleeve For Running?
Support sleeves are worn directly on the skin to provide better compression and benefits. Don't wear it on top of your clothes because it will decrease its effectiveness. We highly recommend not wearing support sleeves when you are sleeping. Also, your knee brace for running regularly. If you have an active lifestyle, you will need a couple of knee sleeves to keep you company. Here are a few support sleeves you can wear while running or exercising.
- Soothing Self-Heating Support Sleeves: These are ideal for easing pain and injuries, relieving discomfort, and reducing inflammation. They also improve blood circulation and promote muscle healing. These knee sleeves are made from breathable and stretchy fabric for comfort and convenience.
- Compression Support Sleeves with Anti-Impact Pad: These are designed to provide maximum compression fit technology to provide superior joint and muscle support while running or training. It comes with an impact pad to protect your knees from sudden slipping and injuries. Also, to avoid slipping while running, the knee brace for running is designed with anti-slip silicone bands for worry-free running.
- Women's Athletic Scalloped Support Sleeves: These knee sleeves come in pink and are ideal for high-impact exercises, such as running and tennis. They are designed with anti-slip silicone dots to avoid slipping or moving during running or training. The compression fit technology provides exemplary joint and muscle support and helps in recovery while preventing sports injuries.
- Extra Long Knee Sleeves with Side Stabilizers: The side stabilizers help guide the movement of your knees and legs to prevent injuries and aid in your recovery. Also, you won't have any problems with movement because the support is designed for mobility. These knee sleeves come with high-impact patella protection gel pads to protect your knees when you slip. The combination of added support and compression fit technology helps provide joint and muscle support.
You can wear support sleeves when running, workouts, or any strenuous physical activities involving leg movement. Runners often experience bad knees when they run. In some cases, runners even injure their knees when running for moles. Technically, this problem is called patellofemoral pain syndrome. PFPS is also called jumper's knee or runner's knee. When you have PFPS, you will feel pain under or around your kneecap or patella.
The cause of PFPS is still unknown. But it can occur in athletes and females, from children to young adults. If you often run, jump, or squat, you have a higher chance of experiencing PFPS. The common causes of PFPS are the following:
- Overuse of knees
- Change in footwear
- Kneecap alignment problems
- Specific body types and anatomy
- Weak muscles around the knees
- Misuse of exercise equipment or techniques
- using hard surfaces while playing or exercising